Since our founding in 1998, we have committed to produce the finest organic food products using only environmentally-friendly and sustainable methods and to empower the local communities.
Providing our customers with the best products means collaborating with nature and local farmers in every way possible.
It means growing the plants from non-GMO sources and cultivating them without any chemical fertilizers or pesticides. This mindset also carries over to harvesting and processing, where they are done mostly by hand in accordance to international food-safety standards, to preserve the natural purity and quality of the crop.
To increase the awareness of Indonesia's potential as an agricultural giant by taking good care of its fertile and diverse soil types, carried out by a professional workforce.
- To increase the awareness of both farmers and business owners concerning Indonesia's great potential in food production.
- To develop local Indonesian farmers so that they can cultivate organic produce that meets international standards.
- To improve the well-being of local Indonesian farmers through organic farming and fair trade.
It is often said that "faithful friends are hard to find," but now farmers can find a true friend in PMA. Several traditional adages that are deeply rooted in Indonesian culture have become PMA's guiding principles:
- "Sedikit-sedikit, lama-lama menjadi bukit"
"Bit by bit, in the end it becomes a hill"
It has been proven again and again, and it's our conviction, that every effort, no matter how small, will produce a great result if we persevere.
- "Lidi-lidi lunglai jadi kuat karena diikat, bersatu bergabung jadi sapu"
"Weak stalks become strong when bound together to become a broom"
This maxim underscores the 'communal' approach that is deeply entrenched in Indonesian society and it's also PMA's work ethos. Togetherness is the key to success.
- "Rumput tetangga selalu terlihat lebih hijau, padahal sesungguhnya tanah kita lebih subur"
"The neighbor's grass is always greener, while in reality our soil is more fertile"
Based on this conviction, PMA tries to educate the farmers that Indonesia has the potential to ensure strong food security. "Develop/work with what we have" is one of our highly regarded tenets.